Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hard Week

It's been a hard week around here.  Wednesday we had to have our dear bichon, Bridget, put to sleep.  She was 15 years old and I'd had her since she was 7 weeks.  Then, Thursday a long-time friend and neighbor passed away, fairly suddenly.  Going to her calling hours today took me way back in time to when her four children and my five were small, bringing up all sorts of feelings and memories.  So tonite I'm tired.  Too tired, even, to knit.  That doesn't happen often to me, for knitting is what I do, to rest, to comfort myself, and to enjoy myself.  But not tonite.  I only want to sleep tonite.

1 comment:

  1. Margie-I had a terrible time getting to your blog. I was so afraid that I lost you. I am so sorry to hear about Bridget. My bichon Mickey (who I had to put down almost 2 years ago after almost 18 years) is still very dear to my heart. To think about him still makes me cry. I so enjoyed meeting you and your husband. My email is dtacy@myfairpoint.net and I would love to stay in touch. Your friend, Donna

    ReplyDelete